New findings about the history of the Király vineyard

New findings about the history of the Király vineyard

A recently unearthed 17th-century litigation document shows that the parish of the town of Késmárk and the Saint Cross Convent of Lelesz in (then) Upper Hungary owned vineyards on Király Hill near Mád as early as 1280. It was a donation from the queen and re-validated under the House of Anjou in 1328… (OK, the photo below is not that old:), was taken in the late 1950s)